Mobius Capital Partners
Dr. Mark Mobius is synonymous with emerging and frontier markets investing with a reputation as one of the most successful and influential money managers over the past 30 years.
In May 2018, he founded Mobius Capital Partners with two former colleagues. The firm uses a highly specialized active investment approach with an emphasis on improving Environmental, Social, Governance and Company Culture (ESG+C) standards in emerging and frontier market companies.
Prior to this, Dr. Mobius spent more than three decades at Franklin Templeton Investments, most recently as Executive Chairman of the Templeton Emerging Markets Group. Under his leadership, the group’s assets under management grew from US$100 million to a whopping US$50 billion with the successful launches of numerous investment funds focused on Asia, Latin America, Africa and Eastern Europe.
Dr. Mobius has also contributed to developing international policies for emerging markets. He served on the World Bank’s Global Corporate Governance Forum as a member of the Private Sector Advisory Group and as co-chairman of its Investor Responsibility Task Force in 1999.
He earned his Ph.D in Economics and Political Science from MIT in 1964 and has studied at Boston University, University of Wisconsin, Syracuse University, Kyoto University and the University of New Mexico.
Dr Mobius has won numerous industry awards and has authored a dozen books, including his most recent and timely, The Inflation Myth and The Wonderful World of Deflation, which has gained international acclaim. Most recently, it was selected by World Economic Forum in October 2022 as one of the five must-read books on inflation.
List of published books:
• The Inflation Myth And The Wonderful World of Deflation (2020)
• Invest for Good (with co-authors Carlos Hardenberg and Greg Konieczny, 2019)
• The Little Book of Emerging Markets (2012)
• Bonds – An Introduction to the Core Concepts (2012)
• Foreign Exchange – An Introduction to the Core Concepts (2009)
• Mark Mobius – An Illustrated Biography (2007)
• Mutual Funds: An Introduction To The Core Concepts (2007)
• Equities: An Introduction To The Core Concepts (2007)
• Passport to Profits (1999/2012)
• Mobius on Emerging Markets (1996)
• The Investor’s Guide to Emerging Markets (1994)
• Trading with China (1973)
List of industry awards:
• Life Time Achievement Award in Asset Management (2017) Global Investor Magazine
• 50 Most Influential People (2011) Bloomberg Markets Magazine
• Africa Investor Index Series Awards (2010) African Investor
• Top 100 Most Powerful and Influential People (2006) Asiamoney
• Emerging Markets Equity Manager of the Year (2001) International Money Marketing
• Ten Top Money Managers of the 20th Century (1999) Carson Group survey
• Number One Global Emerging Market Fund (1998) Reuters Survey
• First in Business Money Manager of the Year (1994) CNBC
• Closed-End Fund Manager of the Year (1993) Morningstar
• Investment Trust Manager of the Year (1992) Sunday Telegraph